Ceased Operations March 2009
History of The Digital Media Device Association
The DMDA mission was to promote the acceptance, growth and enjoyment of
digital media technology and products that benefit consumers, manufacturers,
retailers, and content owners.
- Promote the development, advancement, and enjoyment of digital media
technology and products in a competitive marketplace.
- Establish open, voluntary standards for compatible products and services.
- Help develop the market for products devoted to digital media through
education, outreach and evangelization.
- Connect device makers with suppliers and vice-versa.
- Promote public policies that encourage the growth of the digital media
market for all participants.
- Consumer electronics companies, technology suppliers, and software
developers commercially involved in the digital media device industry
- Other companies participated as associate members.
DMDA Interoperability Working Group
| Call for Proposals for Interoperability Solution